Thursday, September 20, 2007

DePauw's ACM-W Chapter

Hello again! I've been spending a lot of time this semester working as the chair of DePauw's chapter of ACM-W (Association of Computing & Machinery - Women). We've come up with a lot of great ideas to better our group. For example, we are starting a mentoring program in which we pair seniors with sophomores, and juniors with freshmen. I'm hoping it will be very helpful for all of our women in CS! We're also organizing a hardware workshop that will allow us to take apart computers and learn more about their inner workings. DePauw does not offer classes on computer hardware, so I believe this will be a valuable resource for us.

I really think attending GHC will give me all kinds of new ideas and resources to better DePauw's group, and I can't wait to get started!

Until next time,

Brit

No comments: