Thursday, October 11, 2007

The countdown is on! :)

Hello everyone!

I am flying out from Indianapolis to Orlando tomorrow night at 8pm. I am so excited about spending my Fall Break in Florida! For the first few days of my trip, I will be spending time with my grandparents, uncles, aunt, and cousins, who all live in and around Orlando. Then, on Tuesday, my Grace Hopper experience begins! :)

Here is my blogging schedule for the celebration:

Thursday, October 18th:
Session 3 -> 1:55pm - 2:55pm
*Retaining Women CS Majors Using Research-Based Initiatives

Session 6 -> 5:30pm - 6:30pm
*Challenges faced when forming a new “Women in Computing” group

Friday, October 19th:
Session 3 -> 1:40pm - 2:40pm
*Learning by Doing: Using Internships to Discover Where You Belong

Session 4 -> 2:50pm - 3:50pm
*The 2007 Anita Borg Award for Technical Leadership Winner

Session 5 -> 4:00pm - 5:00pm
*Storytelling as Role Modeling: Collecting Oral Histories

Saturday, October 20th:
Session 1 -> 10:00am - 11:00am
*Innovation Strategies: Finding the Big Idea

So, look forward to entries about those sessions after I attend them! I'm hoping to post very quickly after each session, but there might be a delay on Friday because I'm blogging about three sessions in a row! Most of these sessions are going to be really helpful to me in my roles of chair of WICS and ITAP (Information Technology Associates Program) intern.

Also, my flight tomorrow night will be my first time flying.. ever! Better a three to four hour flight from Indy to Orlando for my first flight rather than from Indy to (Houston?) to El Salvador for my winter term (January '08) trip, which is about 10 hours!

More blogs to come soon! :)

Brit

No comments: