Saturday, October 20, 2007

I <3 GHC

I honestly cannot describe how wonderful this GHC experience has been for me. I always imagined that it would be a lot of fun, but I never could've expected the impact it would have on my life. I feel I have changed so much in three days!

When I arrived at Grace Hopper, I was a college junior who was extremely unsure of her future. I often questioned myself: is CS the right major for me? Although I love it and consider it my passion, could I really succeed with it? I've become a believer. I've met so many inspiring women who have showed me all of the opportunities that await me as my career as a computer scientist progresses. I've pretty much decided that I want to attend graduate school because I want to do research that might change the world. I want to be one of those women who is on stage at Grace Hopper in 30 or 40 years because she's made a significant impact. I want to follow in the footsteps of the pioneers who have paved the way for me to succeed.

I really hope to make attending GHC an annual event because it was so refreshing and rejuvenating. It makes me want to go back to DePauw and work harder than I've ever worked in my life, because I finally have faith in myself. I cannot describe in words how wonderful it feels to have people tell you personally that you will succeed, that you should shoot for the stars, and that they believe in you.

I would just like to thank everyone who made this experience possible for me and everyone who believes in me and other students like me. It's people like you who make a huge difference!

Now, for a little less sappiness (is that word?)...

Tonight was the Platinum Sponsors Night at Universal Studios CityWalk! What a fun event! I met some new friends on the bus, and we ran all over that place like madwomen, trying to get all of the cool goodies provided by the platinum sponsors. I got some AWESOME stuff. I really love my Google and Sun Microsystems shirts, along with my Sun and Juniper backpacks. I also have more pens than I could ever imagine! Here are some pictures from the evening:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My final blogging sessions are tomorrow!

Brit McCullar
Official GHC 2007 Blogger
You may comment on this blog by visiting the GHC Forum. You can find me at britghc2007.blogspot.com.

No comments: