One of the projects the CS department at DePauw is working on is collecting oral histories of women in CS who have graduated from our university, in an attempt to inspire the women currently attending DPU.
According to one of the presenters, this is a participatory workshop! Hmm... :)
Here's a new bit of information for me: SIGSCE is an ACM special interest group about computer science education! I was not aware of this before, but it's good to know!
CEOHP (Computer Educators Oral Histories Project) - the vision of this group is to become part of the historical record and be a resource for the future. People have the chance to be mentored by someone right above them in the scheme of things; for me, it would be a graduate student! CEOHP (see-ope) has conducted 20 (more or less) interviews, with 14 of them being available to the public at ceohp.org.
According to the presenter, no one is too young or too old to be a mentor. I'm hoping I might be able to be a mentor to a freshman or sophomore at DePauw!
We got some materials about oral histories that I hope to be able to use at DePauw. I think it will be a very interesting project for us to complete.
Brit McCullar
Official GHC 2007 Blogger
You may comment on this blog by visiting the GHC Forum. You can find me at britghc2007.blogspot.com.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment